FIRE TRUCKS
Josiah had his first visit to the fire station. Our friend, Kris, is a firefighter in Portland and has an open invitation for Josiah to come and visit whenever he wants. Nate went with Josiah on this visit and they had a great time!
Kris & Josiah
Driving the Fire Truck
Beep Beep!
A "Real" Fireman's Hat!
FRIENDS
Here is a couple of pictures from our first play date with Mikayla & Mia since The Weidman's moved back from Germany after being gone for 3 months. We are so happy to have them home!A Duet by Josiah & Mikayla
Shayna trying to "read" to three toddlers!
MUSIC
You've probably discovered by now that Josiah LOVES all things musical. I know that isn't much of a surprise to those of you that know Nate & I. During my pregnancy I had many worship rehearsals and worship services I was a part of and at 8 months pregnant I went to a Justin Timberlake concert. At the JT concert another pregnant lady came up to me and asked if I thought we were hurting "them" (the babies)....I said heck no and that I was hoping he'd have some of that amazing rhythm would pass straight through the womb!
As soon as Josiah was born he would come to worship rehearsals with me and sit in the Baby Bjorn right there with me! Once he was a little older we would bring his own instruments (drums, shakers, microphone) for him to play with while we were rehearsing. Josiah really gravitated towards the drums and we bought him his own pair of juvenile sized Pro Marks (drum sticks). He has gone through a few drums now and looks forward to church every week because he is able to "play" the real drums after church. Josiah now loves the guitar too and his constantly playing and singing. We bring both his guitar and drum sticks with us to sound checks on Sunday morning (he now has a babysitter during rehearsals).
Josiah knows the words to many songs and loves a wide variety of music. The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me and Coldplay songs are a few of his favorites.
Passing time in the car.
At pre-service sound check.
Watching ,Romi, our drummer.









No comments:
Post a Comment