Josiah received the book "Love You Forever" from a good friend for his birthday. I LOVE this book and have read it in the past, yet I didn't have it in our collection. If you are a parent, especially if you're a mother and have a son, I really urge you to read this. You will need to make sure you have a Kleenex near...you will cry. I am trying to cherish every moment I have with him....cuddling before bedtime, telling him I love him, stopping what I am doing to sit on the floor to play. I love being a mom! I really think that this book was for me more than him.
On Josiah's actual birthday we spent the morning at Baby Boot Camp (I needed work off all the cake I was about to consume). We had a playdate with a few of his special friends and then went to dinner at Chuck E. Cheese with Nate's cousin Brian and his family. Brian's daughter, Hailey, was also born the same day as Josiah. Actually, Hailey & Josiah were born on their Great Grandma Herboth's birthday....really cool.
Driving....he's watching the road.
Helping dad play basketball.
Birthday garb.
Happy 2nd Birthday Josiah & Hailey!
Diggin' in!
Haliey is much cleaner in her approach.
We had a family party on Saturday (the day after his birthday) at Musical Beginnings, a music school, near where we live. Josiah LOVES music, especially drums and guitars. He will take my hair brush and call it a guitar and "play" it. It is not uncommon to find him in our living room playing his drums singing a real song. Hence the reason for having his party be centered around music. The teacher had an hour session with the kids that was similar to a Kindermusik class, which is taught at the school.
Dancing!
Rhythm sticks.
Drum time...his FAVORITE time!
Miss Kellie, the music teacher.
After the musical fun we celebrated with snacks, a Yo Gabba Gabba cake, and presents. Josiah's favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba so we had to weave that in there somewhere.
Yum!
Thanks everyone for making Josiah's 2nd Birthday so special!











1 comment:
Super cute cake!
Post a Comment