I will start off by saying to all my friends who are Oregon State grads and Beaver fans, know that I love "The Beavs" too! If I had gone to a game at Reeser Stadium I would be blogging about that. You see, I consider myself bi-partisan when it comes to The Ducks and The Beavers due to the fact that my brother is a graduate of Oregon and my sister a graduate of Oregon State. I want to keep the peace and not take sides unless I must, like during the Civil War game. Who I cheer for during this game is dependent on which sibling paid me more and outfitted my child with their team. Just sayin'...may the best briber win!
I will say that I am much more of a fan of college football than the NFL and that probably goes for basketball too. There is still something pure about the collegiate level players versus the tainted and often egotistical professional players. Don't get me wrong, I would never turn down the opportunity to go to an NFL or NBA game, just stating a fact about myself.
Okay, about the game. Nate won a contest at work last month (for his entire district) and had his choice of either Ducks tickets, Beavers tickets or tickets to a show. He chose the tickets to The Ducks game. The great thing about this game (vs UCLA) is that it happened to be the first game Oregon played since they were ranked #1 in the nation (on the AP Poll)!! Nate really wanted to take Josiah so we took the chance that they would let him in without a ticket since he was over the age of 2. They took one look at him all dressed up in his Oregon gear and they happily sent us all in.
Well, the Ducks didn't disappoint and they pretty much blew out the Bruins!!! Go Ducks!!!
Way to go, Nate!!!
Autzen Stadium
Tailgating with dad..."Ohhhhhhhh"!
Future football player?
(Mom's gotta think about that one.)
Tailgating with mom...he looks less than thrilled!
Watching the band enter the stadium.
Headed down to our amazing seats!
Watching UCLA enter the field.
Josiah is pointing and yelling at UCLA, "Go away!!!".
Here comes The Ducks!!
Obviously these guys don't worry about their abs?
Phil Knight (Founder of NIKE and UofO grad.)
Very sportsmanlike!
Watching the game from our seats.
Go Ducks!!















4 comments:
Dude! I didn't know you were on here!!! Thanks for reaching out, T!
I love your family pics!
Guess what? We may be moving to OR. Crazy!!
Seriously?!!! When and where? That would be AMAZING!!!
Not fair! I don't have Nike ties and count outfit you with gear as a bribe! But you know who loves you more so you can just sleep knowing the truth :)
Touche!
Post a Comment