Cameras & Cupcakes
My birthday is at the beginning of April, though I normally would mention it (don't want to admit to getting another year older) it is noteworthy things year because I was so excited about the gift my husband got me! I wasn't looking forward to turning 37 so I was trying to do everything I could to try and forget it. There was just something about this number that really made me realize that I am quickly approaching an age where I won't be referred to as a young lady...but a middle ager. Okay, I'm not going to get started down this road. The gift.
I love taking photos of my family and the things were doing. I've had a small point and shoot that while it fits well in my purse, it just doesn't capture a very active 2 year old with its delay. Nate surprised me with a new camera! We went and picked one out, a Nikon D3000, and I LOVE it!!!
We spent my birthday evening together as a family and went down to The Pearl District in Portland and had dinner at one of our favorite places, Deschutes Brewery, and cupcakes at Cupcake Jones. Here are a few of the first pics from my new camera.
The "look" says it all!
My boys!
Birthday Cupcakes!
Earth Day Run
A few days after returning from Hawaii Josiah & I ran our first run of the season. I wasn't planning on this but I have a friend who did a rather good job of convincing me I should I do it. Because I was coming off of vacation where I was eating some amazing food (like bacon for breakfast on a daily basis) and still had a cold I decided to run the 5K instead of the 10K. Now, I was also pushing Josiah so the thought of running 6 plus miles sounded like too much. For those of you who have never ran pushing a jogger with a child in it...well it's a full body workout and double the work so, in essence, I was running more than 3.1 miles.
A few days after returning from Hawaii Josiah & I ran our first run of the season. I wasn't planning on this but I have a friend who did a rather good job of convincing me I should I do it. Because I was coming off of vacation where I was eating some amazing food (like bacon for breakfast on a daily basis) and still had a cold I decided to run the 5K instead of the 10K. Now, I was also pushing Josiah so the thought of running 6 plus miles sounded like too much. For those of you who have never ran pushing a jogger with a child in it...well it's a full body workout and double the work so, in essence, I was running more than 3.1 miles.
Before the race.
Josiah is thinking, "Why the heck are we up so early?"
Nearing the end!
(Thanks, Tracey for taking the pic!)
Fields of Flowers
One fun outing this month that was out of the ordinary was going to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. The endless fields of tulips in all colors and varieties is gorgeous and is a great place to take kids! Josiah loved running through the fields and enjoyed the tractors and the cow train ride.
Tractor Climbing
Flowers, flowers....everywhere!
"I like this flower, Mom!"
(No flowers were harmed...just thought you'd like to know.)
I loved the clouds in the picture.
My personal favorite tulips.
Fun at Papa's Pet Store
One last thing I have some fun pictures of are of Josiah "helping" his Papa move his pet store from one area in the mall to the other. The move took place after mall hours on a Sunday (which closes early at 6:00pm) so Josiah and I went to watch everyone else do the all the hard work.
One last thing I have some fun pictures of are of Josiah "helping" his Papa move his pet store from one area in the mall to the other. The move took place after mall hours on a Sunday (which closes early at 6:00pm) so Josiah and I went to watch everyone else do the all the hard work.
Helping moving some inventory.
Checking out the new dog kennels.
How much is that toddler in the window?












No comments:
Post a Comment